05 August, 2011

Another use for the scroll button on a PC mouse

I use Google Chrome most of the time which is set up to open new tabs rather than new browser windows.

When researching on the internet (which I need to do a lot!) I often find several links on a page that I want to explore, which may be relevant to the project. This is when the scroll button comes in handy ... clicking with the scroll button to link automatically opens a new tab as I click each item that I may be interested in.

It's then easy to quickly browse each of the new tabs and dismiss the ones I don't want. I also still have my original page open in the first tab so if, for instance, it was page 1 of Google search results, I can move on to page 2 and use the scroll button to select another few links.

No comments:

Post a Comment